During the past 6 years Prof Pieter Rossouw developed an internationally recognised modality of brain based therapy – Neuropsychotherapy, and provided training to over 10,000 therapists world-wide. Training focused on understanding the neurobiology of wellness, memory, learning and mental conditions – from anxiety to depression, trauma, the developing brain, ageing, and the neuroscience of relationships. The neuropsychotherapy workshops are also the only psychology/clinical workshops that have been extensively researched in terms of the efficacy to change clinical practice * and as such is the gold standard in professional development delivery.
The need to distinguish clinicians as experts in the field to provide clinical therapy from Neuropsychotherapeutic modality perspective has been strongly identified over the course of the past years. In collaboration with the Neuropsychotherapy Institute formal training is now available to become a Certified Clinical Neuropsychotherapy Provider.Being a certified Clinical Neuropsychotherapy Practitioner means you will be:
- recognised by the Institute as Member of the Society of Clinical Neuropsychotherapy Providers. This list will be available to referring practitioners (medical doctors, psychiatrists and mental health NGO’s).
- able to enhance your clinical skills through online forums
- access specialist neuropsychotherapy focused supervision
- access online neuropsychotherapy training
- receive preference to workshops at discounted rates
- linked in with a network of clinicians in your area operating from the same modality for peer supervision.
See what others have said about this workshop here.
- Registration for training
- Pre-training reading materials provided
- Preparation of two short case studies to discuss at the training
- Workshop attendance (3.5 days) 21 hours
(Certificate of attendance provided for 21CPD’S)
- Post workshop questionnaire (self-evaluation)
- Write a short (non-scientific) essay (approximately 2000 words) demonstrating the application of neuropsychotherapy in a particular (de-identified) case (after attending the workshop)
- Certification as a Clinical Neuropsychotherapy Practitioner
Ongoing requirements for certification
- Two (self directed) Neuropsychotherapy online modules through the Neuropsychotherapy Institute
- Attendance of one Neuropsychotherapy (or related) workshop
- One guided supervision session with a Specialist Clinical Neuropsychotherapy provider.
- Membership of the International Association of Clinical Neuropsychotherapy.
New Zealand – 1 - 4 March 2017Venue: Waipuna Conference Centre, Mt Wellington, Auckland
Brisbane – 7 - 10 March 2017Venue: RBW Hospital, Herston Rd, Herston, Brisbane
Melbourne – 19 - 22 September 2017Venue: Royal Melbourne Hospital, Grattan Street, Parkville
Sydney – 2 - 5 October 2017Venue: Portside Centre, 207 Kent Street, Sydney
Hawaii, USA – 16 - 19 October 2017Venue: Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Honolulu, Hawaii.
|Early Bird Rate (60 days prior to event)||$ 1395.00|
|Standard Registration||$ 1495.00|
|Student Rate (Proof of student status required)||$ 1395.00|
|Group Bookings (4+)||$ 1350.00|
|(Contact event organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Payments by instalment are available after making an initial $300 payment as a deposit. Please contact email@example.com for more information.|
- Rossouw, P.J. & Hatty, M. (2013). Continuing professional development in psychology: Requirements, assumptions, and the lack of evidence. Neuropsychotherapy in Australia, 20 March/April, 8-11.
- Rossouw, P.J. & Hatty, M. (2013). Continuing professional development in mental health professions: does it really make a difference? 14th International Mental Health Conference. 126-145.
- On, Z.X., & Rossouw, P.J. (2015). Neuropsychotherapy in continuing professional development: Is it really helpful in mental health professions? Neuropsychotherapy, 32 June-August, 4-12.